Sunday 8 May 2016

Stupendous Sunday by Violette


Violette: Pretty Neighs, Everyone. Violette Reporting. Actually, that title should have read Stupendous Saturday but we are expecting more good stuff today, so we thought it would be OK.

We had a glorious day for the parade and my handsome young knight looked so good riding me! #1 was simply delighted!

Here we are getting ready to leave. He is carrying the colours of Midhurst, a town in England with which ours is twinned:


Here we are approaching the castle:


 Going up to the castle gate:


Our medieval castle is 1000 years old!


We were both pretty proud!


And here we are actually riding into the castle grounds like knights of old!


Look at these cool guys I met in the afternoon:


And I had SO MANY visitors!

 
I got braided up nicely:


They had a contest where visitors voted on who was the most beautiful mare. I won hoofs down! #1 was so proud of me!


It was a long, long day and I confess that, by the end, I was getting a bit annoyed, so I was very glad to go back to my field and be able to tell all my friends about my amazing day. #1 tells me that I am a wonderful breed ambassador and I should be very, very proud!
 

13 comments:

  1. Violette, you look nothing less than stunning! No wonder you won most beautiful mare. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful photos! You sure are a celebrity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Violette, you look gorgeous ! No wonder you won ! Your young knight and you made a wonderful team. You're so beautiful and so nice with people, Violette, #1 can be proud of you ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violette, it is no surprise that you won most beautiful mare.
    You are beautiful!
    Glad you had fun and were loved on by so many.
    Bet it was nice to get back home though ;)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Violette, you look fabulous! No wonder you were voted the most beautiful. The castle looks incredible too! #1 has every right to be proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Violette! I'm so happy for you! You certainly are a beautiful horse! I know #1 is proud! Violette, it doesn't surprise me you won the most beautiful mare! Your braids looked awesome and your rider was quite handsome. However, it was all you!!! What a wonderful weekend. I would like to wish #1 a Happy Mother's Day because she does an awesome job caring for you and the whole clan at home! Wouldn't you agree? She's the best animal Mom I've ever seen! Have a great snuggly Sunday, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Violette, you are the most amazing horsie in the whole wide world! We adore you.

    Thank you to your family for coming by with words and purrs (woofs and neighs too) of comfort.

    Purrs,

    Cory and family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just one word - BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beauty through and throught! Beautiful to look at and a beautiful personality too! We especially love that third photo of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Violette!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Violette ton preux chevalier et toi vous avez fière allure.
    Bonne soirée
    Nat à Chat

    PS : c'est une selle de dressage ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Violette! Congratulations you beautiful girl! How wonderful that once again you were noted as the beautiful mare that you are! smoochies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.