Friday 23 October 2015

Vidock and Violette's Family Friday


Vidock: Studly Neighs, EveryFriend! Guess what? October is my Gotcha Month! I became a fully-fledged member of the Poupuonette Family five years ago!

Here is a pic of me taken on the day in 2010 she decided I would be hers! I was only 17 months old at the time.


And here is the very first picture of me and #1 taken three days later!


This was taken in February 2012 on the day I was approved as a stalion:


And here is a recent photo of me. I am doing a pretty god job at varying the shades, don't you think?


By the way, #1 visited my GrandMama, Belle, last weekend and took this nice portrait of her:


Oh, and more by the way, my haf-sister, Sissy (she would be called that, right?!) won the Percheron race last Sunday. They raced over 1000 metres (just over 4 furlongs). Here she is almost at the finish line:




Violette: #1 often visits my Mama and my little sister and tells me about how they are doing. Here is my sister, Doucette, coming over to #1 for apples:


And here is my Mama:


My fun non-news of the week is that #1 got a call yesterday asking if I would be available in mid-November to be ridden (or rather, sat upon) by one of France's most famous TV personalities. Sadly, we had to decline as #1 will be away (!) that weekend. Bummer. It would have been fun! But I am sure there will be more opportunities coming my way.


10 comments:

  1. Happy Gotcha Month Vidock!
    We have enjoyed watching you grow into a fine handsome horse.
    Violette, we always like to see your family :)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy gotcha month, Vidock! I know there will be lots of awesome opportunities for you, so don't worry that you missed one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon anniversaire d'adoption Vidock.
    C'est vrai que tu changes de couleur. J'espère que tu vas rester pommelé. Ta couleur actuelle est magnifique. Par gout tout à fait personnel je ne suis pas hyper fan des chevaux blancs. Je ne dis pas qu'ils sont moins beaux, mais juste qu'ils ne m'attirent pas. Et pourtant le portrait de ta grand mère est très joli !
    Violette n'ai pas de regrets, être tranquille dans son pré c'est pas mal non plus.
    Bonne journée
    Nat à Chat

    ReplyDelete
  4. How you've grown, Vidock! You look so dappled and handsome now.
    Too bad about the tv personality, Violette. What a treat for them to get to sit upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha day Vidock. You are a handsome boy
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great family photos! Happy Gotcha Month Vidock from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vidock, we are amazed that it has already been five years!!! Happy Gotcha Day and many more to come!!! You sure have changed color - only your hairdresser knows for sure- BOL.

    Violette, that famous TV personality is going to be so disappointed to miss out on the opportunity to sit upon your highness - maybe another time, we sure hope so.

    Happy weekend, and thanks for all the good thoughts for Ciara.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vidock, HAPPY GOTCHA MONTH! I love the pictures of you as you have progressed and of your family. Violette, I feel the same about your family as well, and what an HONOR that was almost yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Gotcha Month, Vidock! We can't believe how you have grown. And your family members are all as good looking as you. Violette, that's too bad about not being available to have the famous person sit on you. But we know there will be other great opportunities for a beauty like you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Big V! You sure have changed (for the better) over all these years. It's nice to catch up with all your families too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.